Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Test Day

Sorry I have not posted in a while. I recently started working again after a great vacation, and it's been nuts, to say the least. So here's a bits and pieces post.

Another test day's already here. As usual, Bence-Jones and blood tests, following by waiting for a call from one of my doctors. To my knowledge, my MM is still indolent, but it's a bit unsettling to wonder for how long. I often forget I have stage I cancer... and it's nice.

A Canadian actor, Lisa May (37), was recently on television to promote her new movie and discuss her mutliple myeloma diagnosis. You can check out the video here.

A new Canadian lottery is starting soon, on the same day as my birthday, no less. So, wish me luck.

I'll leave you with this gem of a viral video.

2 comments:

Sid said...

Hi Paul,
Welcome back. I read that Nicholas van Dyke a gutarist from the Los Angeles-based progressive metal band REDEMPTION has myeloma.
Being in the music field you may be interested. He wrote a great summary of where he is at on this link.
[url]http://pmpub.krose.org/forum?action=view&forum_id=2&message_id=343015&refresh=1252453746[url]

Good health
Sid

Paul M said...

Hi Sid,
Thanks very much, for the health wishes and the article. I hadn't heard about this fight with MM and really enjoyed the article. MM one bastard of a disease, but the article does give some hope (and do your blog posts of course).

My faith that medicine will find more effective and less harmful ways of fighting this disease continue. As my family doctor put it, "we've been using an atom bomb to kill a mouse. We're years away from using a bb gun". Let's hope.

Cheers, and best of health to you as well.
Paul