Friday, January 7, 2011

Uh oh

Seems I may have been premature in taking a break from the blog. My beta-2 microglobulin levels are up slightly, in the "you might need to start treatment" range. Oncology appointment next week after a rushed blood tests and a (scheduled) skeletal survey. Will post more in when get new info. At the very least, this will probably mean another bone marrow biopsy and possible chemo/stem cell consult. In the meantime, feel free to make loud noises and wake me up form this bad dream. Thanks.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

I wouldn’t get too concerned about one beta 2 microglobulin test being high. There are several things that can make this level increase. My wife’s oncologist has only had this test done once. We don’t use it as an indicator. The protein number seems to be a better early warning indicator. If that goes up then maybe do the PET/CT scan next. The BMB can be hit and miss since it only checks the spot where the big needle bores through the bone.