Thursday, June 25, 2009

Latest Results, NYC & Letterman?

It's very odd to be diagnosed with cancer and not need to start treatment. Not that I'm complaining. I received a call from my oncologist's office yesterday. I was told my Beta-2 microglobulin levels are normal, at least for now. This protein is found on the surface of white blood cells and is indicative of increased production (or destruction) of plasma cells in the bone marrow. It is an important marker for people with multiple myeloma. So far I'm still at stage I MM, where I hope to remain for a long time. However, I am still starting my bucket list. Top of the list - New York City!

My wife and I will be leaving for NYC in July. So far, we've booked tickets for Rock of Ages and God of Carnage with James Gandolfini (aka Tony Soprano). Checking out the John Lennon exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, taking a ride on the Staten Island Ferry, possible Shakespeare in The Park, viewing the city from the top of the Rockafeller Centre and more. Really looking forward to experiencing the vibe and people of the city, as much as the attractions. Oh yes, and being a recent Mac convert, I will be visiting the Apple Cube store.

I am hoping for Letterman tickets. I've applied, swallowed my pride and wrote to his office asking for tickets, but haven't heard anything yet. Seeing Dave would definitely be huge. Here's to hope.

UPDATE: Just got a call from the Late Show this afternoon! We're going to the Ed Sullivan Theatre to see Dave!!

1 comment:

Paul M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.