Thursday, July 2, 2009

New York City Here We Come!

It's time for the big NYC trip! My wife and I have been planning this for weeks and we finally leave this Sunday for 5 days in the Big Apple. On the agenda:

  • Late Show with David Letterman taping (I am thrilled about this.)
  • Broadway: Rock of Ages, God of Carnage and possibly Mamma Mia!
  • A "Real New York Tour" through downtown NYC with a stop at Ground Zero.
  • Walks through Chinatown, Soho, Greenwich Village and Central Park.
  • Visit to the American Museum of Natural History, the South Street Seaport Bodies exhibition, the Apple Store on 5th Ave (I'm a recent Mac convert).
  • Shows at the Iridium Jazz Club (Les Paul and surprise guest) and the Comedy Cellar.
  • Staten Island Ferry trip.
  • Views from the top of the Empire State Building and the Rockafeller Center.
  • Lots of great food in well-researched eateries, and of course, a slice of cheese pizza.
  • More to be determined, including some down time to just take it all in.
I am fortunate to feel well enough to take this trip, and plan to enjoy every minute. Although I still do not need to begin treatments, some aches and pains have me a bit paranoid - but they are not slowing me down. I have blood tests and a skeletal survey scheduled for the Monday after our return, and I learn the results at my oncologist appointment on July 23rd. Here's to hoping supplements and exercise can keep this disease at bay for a while yet.

No comments: