Monday, July 13, 2009

Back Home & Back to Reality

I am still buzzing from my trip to NYC. What energy, flow, buildings, warmth, crowds, fun and noise! My wife and I had a great time, loved the 2 musicals and 1 play we saw (I highly recommend God of Carnage), and The Late Show with David Letterman was fun. I got my photos taken with Rupert and Biff Henderson, which was quite a thrill, being a long-time fan. We had a good mix of seeing tourist attractions and just hanging out and absorbing the New York experience. We had a great tour or Greenwich Village and Soho, which focused on rock & roll landmarks such as Cafe Wha?, the site of the famed CBGB's and Electric Lady Studios (thanks, Shawn!). We will definitely be going back. Inspired, I took hundreds of photos and video, uploading them to Facebook to share with family and friends. Seems I've inspired a few to take their own trip to the Big Apple!

The trip made me forget about my cancer, which was one of the best parts. I have more blood tests and another skeletal survey today with results later this month. The trip was both a great distraction and a ton of fun. I'm leaving it on my bucket list, however. We will definitely be going back!

2 comments:

Sid said...

Hey Paul,
Sounds like a great trip, doing what you wanted to do. I love reading about it.
You have made some good memories.
Sid

Paul M said...

Thanks Sid! I posted 200 photos and about 30 videos of our travels on Facebook. Not something I'd planned to do, but the inspitation was there!