Thursday, July 30, 2009

Multiple Myeloma Genome Unlocked

A fellow myeloma forum member once said "it's a good time to have multiple myeloma", in reference to the rapid pace of discoveries about the disease and what makes it tick. Case in point - the MM genome has been unlocked. Hopefully this will lead to more effective and individualized treatments, and possibly a cure down the road. I find comfort in my faith in science and medicine, and am confident several new options will be available when this disease progresses. Good news for anyone with MM.

In other news, it's been a busy week. I attended an intensive Cisco A+ Essentials Skills training and passed with flying colours. Now for the A+ Certification exam. Yep, I'm a geek. And speaking of which, someone took footage from Star Wars and created a Han Solo PI video, as a tribute (or sorts) to Magnum PI. Here's a side-by-side comparison. I think it's pretty impressive.

2 comments:

Beth said...

How cool! Wow. Opening credits for TV shows used to be really long! I forgot about that.

Beth

Paul M said...

Beth - Those were the days, huh? :)

Dennis - Thanks very much! I will check out the website.