Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bucket List

Gee Wally, being faced with one's own mortality sure ain't no fun, especially at 42. So, what's a guy to do? Why, start a bucket list, of course. First on the list is a trip to New York City with my lovely wife. My next blood tests are in a just over a week, and I hope my beta-2 microglobulin levels are stable enough so I don't have to start treatment just yet. Wouldn't want to miss a chance to see the Big Apple, check out Gods of Carnage on Broadway with James Gandolfini and Jeff Daniels, and have the mandatory slice of NYC pizza.

I've sent in a request for Letterman tickets, so Dave, if you (or someone in your staff) sees this... puh-lease accept our request for tickets. Or if you like, email me and we can make some arrangements! (Hey, I'm an optimist!) We also want to try for Daily Show and Colbert Report, and comedy gods willing, we'll see at least one taping. Also on the list are Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum, the hop-on-hop-off tour, and Times Square, for starters. Can't wait.

What comes next on the bucket list? Who knows... I'm hoping I'll have plenty of time to consider the 2nd item of a very long list.

No comments: