Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vitamins, Curcumin and Wheatgrass

I've started to take various supplements to help my system fight cancer. After doing some research on various helpers, here's what I'm adding to my arsenal. I'm hoping this will complement exercise, healthier food choices and a positive attitude.
  • Curcumin - A powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. According to wikipedia, it also may induce apostasis, or death of cancer cells. Sold! I take 1-400g capsule 3 times daily.
  • Vitamin D - Softening and weakening of the bones is an eventual symptom of myeloma. Bisphosonates are often given to help strengthen bones, but I've read that vitamin D can be a huge help. Taking 1-1000UI capsule in the morning.
  • Anti-oxidant multivitamin - I was taking Centrum Protegra, but a dietician familiar with eating to fight cancer recommended a better vitamin. My "Le Naturiste" brand contains vitamin C and E, zinc, selenium, lycopene, grape seed extract and other anti-oxidants. I take 2 capsules daily.
Coming soon - wheatgrass. I received my seed kit a few days ago and the seeds are germinating. I have my Z-Star manual juicer fastened to the kitchen counter and ready to go once the wheatgrass is ready for harvest. Many believe wheatgrass can "shrink cancer", boost the immune system and help the body eliminate toxins. I just figure it's worth a try. I'd like to stick around for as long as possible.

No comments: