Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Hey, where did you get the name for your blog?"

As friends and family find out about my cancer diagnosis, many have said they will include me in their prayers. I smile, and thank them with great sincerity. In my opinion, prayers are the same as good thoughts, and anyone can use those. However, I do not entertain the hope that God may listen to them and miraculously cure my cancer. After all, he has not done so for people much more deserving of his help, and with much lighter requests.

I've always been fascinated by the idea of God and religion. I respect people who choose faith and believe. I sometimes wonder what happens once we die. Is it much like flipping a switch and we're either on or off? Will our souls continue in any way shape or form? I doubt it. Luckily, I am in a win-win position. If I'm right, I won't know the difference to even be disappointed. If there is a God, he'll forgive me for having my doubts, and I'll be in Heaven. He wouldn't send me to hell now, would he? Then again, I would think Heaven would be rather boring, especially for an eternity. I'll take the off switch, thanks.

No comments: